Thursday, July 29, 2010

yoga - 1


I love Yoga.
In its purest form, it brings calm and peace to the mind and body.

No matter where I go (from Africa to Europe to South America), yoga is something that I can always take with me.
I am grateful for my yoga training. Gratitude, complete gratitude, for the fact that I get to teach yoga. Not only have I seen such positive changes in my life but I have seen it help others. It is a gift. Yoga is something I wish everyone could experience.
From headstands to back-bends to meditation... I love yoga!!!

I was reminded today how good this exercise is for the body.
As I was holding a headstand it was incredibly energizing. It's like a free cup of coffee! You feel so good.

Only in yoga do I feel energized and relaxed at the same time.
My mind clears, I focus on the breathing, my body flows from pose to pose and I find myself going zen. Vinyasa Flow is my favorite style of yoga. I can go at it for hours and get lost in the flow of the movements. Today I did a session and then took a night hike. The picture is me, in headstand at the top of a hill in Serbia. I have on a hoodie so it's hard to see my face :-)

Tomorrow I get to work with more people using yoga.
I love Yoga!
In its purest form, it brings calm and peace to the mind and body...

No comments:

Post a Comment