Monday, July 26, 2010

Budapest Top 10


When traveling to a new city I always like to do a Top 10 List.

It's a funny and true take on my view of the city. Kind of like the David Letterman Top 10 but Katie Bond style. I've been doing these lists ever since I've started traveling and keeping them in my travel journal. I think my favorite list is the one I made when I went to Kenya...
As I leave the city of Budapest, here are the highlights that come to mind.
Budapest Top 10:

10 - Did you know it's the bookstore capital of Europe?
9 - The city has sooooo many bridges
8 - Buda and Pest, were two towns that started dating, forming the city of Budapest
7 - There is a McDonalds on every corner
6 - It's impossible to turn left when driving!
5 - The city is green, green, green... so many trees
4 - It's so clean you could eat off the streets, but I recommend you do not
3 - The people are friendly, but don't even try to understand the language :)
2 - Look both ways before you cross the street!!! I'm speaking from experience.
1 - If you have spare time, the Danube river cruise is cool, really Cool... take a blanket!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment