Friday, July 30, 2010

The Mladenovic House













Turkish coffee has been my life line. Yes, I am addicted to coffee! Hate it, but I do not deny it.

My day goes a little something like this: Wake up. Drink Turkish coffee. Quiet/Meditation time. Skype with Madre! Work. Eat. Laugh. Rest. Layout. Yoga. Eat. Laugh again. Rest. Read. Walk. Go into the city. Laugh some more. Watch Glee until I fall asleep... a typical day at Rajko's house. :-)

So, while staying with my Serbian friend Rajko over the last 3 days I have had the chance to finally rest. All the work from the major move and then jetlag... thank goodness I had this amazing place to relax. It is the only home in the main downtown of Pozarevac. Yet the house feels like it's a retreat away from the rest of the world. Here I have been able to sleep, do yoga, relax, and watch that bloody TV show Glee that Rajko has just gotten me hooked on... It's been so nice.

The Mladenovic family owns a restaurant, called Duce, in town and the food we eat is amazing! I can not count how many fresh tomatoes I inhale every day... so yummy.
The mom (Bozana) and dad (Radomir) are hard-working. They are also very funny. The pictures I've uploaded are from the house and the Duce Restaurant.
The Mladenovic house has so much history.
The Mladenovic house is rather large and very beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. From your faithful reader joey. Its funny because rajko got me the same gift for graduation. Spices and underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. it must be a Serbian thing! haha
    If only the 2 could work together... spicy underware. This could be a good marketing plan. We could get rich... :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete