Monday, July 26, 2010

31 in Vienna


Today I am in Vienna.
Today I turn 31!

Last night Rajko and I drove from Budapest to Vienna. It was an adventure!
When we arrived in the city, I dropped my bags off at the apartment and then we met up with friends for dinner. It was a fun reunion. 5 people, all from different countries... America, Austria, Germany, Serbia, Sweden. A tennis team reunion from my former days with I worked at the University.

This morning I woke up to messages from friends and loved ones.
Thank God for Skype, internet, Facebook, and text!!!
Even though I am miles away I feel loved :-) I am happy.

As I sit at Starbucks, getting ready to have a Skype date with my Madre and eat a big piece of chocolate cake... I am ready to go out into the city.

Vienna is a special place. This Starbucks is right next to my apartment. This Starbucks is where I sat 4 summers ago with one of my students on our study abroad trip. We had walked the city all day and it was the only coffee shop we could find open one night. The Starbucks was huge... not like in America. Nice leather couches, and an upstairs. As a professor, I remember sitting here and talking about life, etc. with this girl and now to have it be my local coffee spot is special. The world has a way of bringing things back into your life...

So today on my big 31, crazy 31, I am going to explore and do the very favorite things I love about this city. Go to the market, walk around, see the beautiful sites. Tonight my friends are taking me out for drinks. I feel lucky. I feel blessed.
Happy Birthday to Me :-)
Thank you for all the love and birthday wishes my friends. Thank you for being a part of my life. Much Love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment