Thursday, July 29, 2010

Slovakia Top 10


The drive from Austria to Serbia was LONG!
Left at 11am and arrived at 1am.
It included stops in Slovakia and Hungary.
Yes, a random stop in Bratislava, Slovakia for lunch.
That's the fun part of traveling, the journey leads to incredible sights.


Slovakia Top 10 List:
10 - It is a 50 minute drive from Vienna.
9 - You only need one day... maybe just an afternoon
8 - Another city with the Danube flowing through it
7 - The people thought I was a local... ummm, seriously!?!
6 - Many churches, many
5 - All the homes have this orange-ish color for rooftops
4 - Yet another city with the H&M clothing store on every corner
3 - Bratislava is a small city with an amazing castle
2 - Beautiful country with mountains, rolling hills, a river, etc
1 - It's about the castle, walking to the top, eating at cafe overlooking the city :)

The road trip continued from Bratislava to Budapest.
3rd time at the airport in Hungary!!! I was beginning to make friends there.
I had a lost bag. It finally arrived. Thank goodness.
After the bag was in my possession, the 5 hour venture to Serbia was underway.
Crossing 2 boarder check points with 2 new passport stamps. This is heaven for a girl who loves to travel. Every time I get a new passport stamp, I smile.

Now I am in Pozarevac, Serbia.
Serbians are friendly and have greeted me with open arms.
I was so tired with a serious case of jet lag that I slept 12 hours yesterday. I woke up at 2pm!!! Finally feeling rested.
Today I am teaching my first yoga class. Excited :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment