Wednesday, July 21, 2010

auf Wiedersehen Laguna Beach



The day has arrived... house is packed, everything in storage.
Even my cat, Mother Teresa, has found a new place to stay.
I'm moving to Europe.
I can't believe it. I'm actually doing this. Yes, it is happening!

I will be traveling for one month and then landing in Vienna.
The journey looks a little something like this:
fly into Budapest
drive to Vienna, drop off my bags
celebrate my 31st birthday (July 26)
drive to Serbia with friend Rajko
take a road-trip all the way to Athens
bus my way to the coast of Croatia and stay with yoga friend Ana
train-ride to Graz and into Vienna, Austria.
Once back in Wein, I hope to see my friends in Europe as much as I can taking weekend trips to various places like Germany, Spain, Ireland, England, France, Italy...

I have to finish packing...
Turn in my Mini Cooper
And a short list of other last minute items.
Today is busy. Today is bittersweet.
Today is my last day in Laguna Beach.
A city I have come to love...

Over the last days I have been able to spend time with friends and loved ones.
It has been wonderful and I am grateful to the people who make my life full.
I have a sense of peace and at the same time excitement.
Let the new journey begin.
I'm moving to Europe.
I can't believe it. I'm actually doing this. Yes, it is happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment