Tuesday, August 24, 2010

moving into my aparment

This weekend I moved into my apartment in Vienna.
It's cute.  It's quaint.  It's perfect for me.
I am living in the 7th District off one of the main shopping streets in the city.
I can walk to everything I need.  And walk is what I did.  
I walked to so many stores equipping my new place.  At one point I was walking down the crowded street on Saturday carrying huge green bags.  The bags where heavy and big.  Filled with bedding, towels, sheets, comforter, etc.  I was trying not to hit people with pillows.  The scene was rather funny.
I managed to unpack and settle in within 72 hours.  24 of those hours I could not do much since on Sunday everything is closed... literally - everything.  Even the grocery stores.  Take note, when in Austria, do not expect to run errands or get groceries on a Sunday.  It's not going to happen.  My plans changed and the Sunday was nice as I took a walk around the city.  I visited my favorite places and stopped at a park to read a book, soaking in the last days of summer.  As I walked around the city, I began to feel comfortable.  With my I-pod in, I strolled the streets being grateful for my beautiful surroundings.  I smiled.  :-)


Today I start a new job.  I'm going to have to walk, subway, bus, and walk again to get there!  Yeah... how I wish I still had my mini cooper.  Regardless, I am happy to be in Europe and working in Vienna for this season of my life.  It's an adventure... one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment