Monday, August 23, 2010

Baska Top 10

I love being by the water.  The ocean feels like home to me.

Recently in Baska, I stayed in a room with an amazing view.  Every morning I sat on the window seal, drank my Turkish coffee, and was grateful for where life had brought me.
If you want to relax, Baska is the spot on the map to visit.  It's a small sea village on the southern tip of the Krk island.  Life is slower here.  It is beautiful and peaceful.  Only 1 Internet cafe in the entire town... From my place a 20 minute walk, one-way.  Two phrases sum up this old city: "enjoying life" and "taking it easy".

Here are my top 10 things I think of when reflecting on Baska:

10 - Old winding cobble-stone streets.
9 - Unique architecture as every house is different.
8 - Good bbq's and good wine with friends. 
7 - Swimming in the Adriatic Sea, so warm.
6 - Beautiful ocean with white rocks instead of sand. 
5 - Stray cats... everywhere.  I wanted to take one!
4 - Yoga
3 - Hiking to nude beaches through a nude campground.  Oy Vey, Oy Vey.  Mental pictures I will never forget!!!
2 - Eating this amazing pastry called Bourke.
1 - Nude Beaches!!! :) :) :)

Thank you Ana, Eva, and Braunamier for a wonderful week filled with good company and good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment