Monday, August 2, 2010

Half-way to Athens



We have made it into Greece. 10 hours, but who's counting!
Tomorrow we are finishing the drive to Athens.

Words to describe the journey: Hot, Hot, did I mention HOT!

Left Serbia at 4am to rain but the cool weather did not last. The drive through Southern Serbia was pretty with green hills. Once the car entered Macedonia, I saw beauty. The drive was amazing. The pictures that show mountains are from the road in Macedonia. The country is small and does not have much tourism, but it is beautiful.

The sun came out as we neared Greece. Once in Greece a new level of heat took over. HOT is allll I can say. Hot for 3 hours. So hot. I am serious. 100 degrees with humidity. We stopped on the northern coast of Greece. There are 3 peninsulas branching out in to the Aegean Sea. Our location is Chalkidiki, the first peninsula. It's beautiful here. The other pictures you see are of Greece. Love this place. I forgot how much I really like this country. The water is warm, not like the cool Pacific Ocean I just left. This beach girl is so happy to see water. As soon as we got here, I got out of the car and went straight to the sea. Bags were not even in the hotel. I didn't care. I feel asleep on the beach and have enjoyed the 24 hours I've been by the beautiful blue.

In the morning, we leave for the last part of our drive...
6 hours to Athens.
:-) :-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment