Friday, August 20, 2010

Croatia

Feeling inspired in Vienna as I reflect on Croatia.


I smile and laugh, yet again.
4 summers ago I was in Dubrovnik.
4 summers ago I went kayaking in Croatia.
4 summers ago I had the Worst sunburn of my entire life... and I grew up a lifeguard!
I was with my friend Christine.  It was the 2nd day of our trip and we looked like bloody lobsters but just on the front side of our bodies.  Comical!  The backside was white from sitting in the kayak. The front = bright red.
We looked like a walking freak show on our vacation.   I'm not kidding!

Fast-forward 4 years and I revisit Croatia.  9 days with my Croatian yoga friends Eva and Ana (roommates from my yoga training).  My first stop was Rijeka. 

Rijeka.  A nice coastal city on the northern part of the country.  Spent one night there with Ana's friend Franjo.  He's a local who took us around the town.  My favorite was our walk to this old castle on top of city that's been converted into an outdoor cafe.  Amazing!

Opatija.  The next day we visited this neighboring town.  So far, Opatija is the closest thing I've seen to Laguna Beach.  There's a walking path of 3 miles; nothing but beach.  I wanted to stay longer in this city, but the island of Krk was calling...

Baska.  On the island of Krk.  This was to be my home for the next 8 days.
More to come on the time in Baska...
The Adriatic Sea and the coast of Croatia is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment