Tuesday, August 3, 2010

man-kinis and donkeys :)



GREECE… The man-kini is back! There is something about old men in Speedos that I find amusing. If you want to rock a man-kini, come to Europe.

As I took a walk this morning on the beach before the venture to Athens, I reflected back on my first time in Greece. I laughed. I laughed until I cried. It was 4 summers ago with my best friend Christine. We decided to take a Mediterranean cruise. Two of our stops were on the islands of Santorini and Corfu. The memories on Santorini go a little something like this:
- Two So Cal girls
- Donkey rides up a hill…
- White shorts and mini-skirt
- Crazy donkeys with serious attitudes
- Christine’s donkey was angry and kept running into everyone
- I made a horrible dismount, fell under the donkey, and almost off the hill
- Christine wore the mini on a donkey… hot pink… need I say more!
- We were not prepared for the 30-minute ass ride up the hill.
- To this day it I laugh soooo hard thinking about it.

So this time in Greece, I vow to not get on a donkey!

My funniest travel experiences have been with my best friend. I reflect on our ventures and always smile. The beauty of traveling is the journey; from donkeys to mani-kinis there is always something to smile about. Laughter is good medicine. I encourage you to take a daily dose... A little laughter a day keeps the doctor away. ☺

2 comments:

  1. We miss your laughing and sillinesss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - I miss all of you! Silly is what I do. I will email you soon. Much Love :)

    ReplyDelete