Monday, July 23, 2012

Reach out to others...

Stephanie, my French friend. I met her while living in Vienna. We both were new to the Austrian capital and became fast friends. She is so kind and generous... Beautiful inside and out... And, her laughter is contagious! Lucky was I the day I befriended Stephanie.
I remember feeling so lonely and went to a lecture where I saw this stunning woman sitting all by herself. Because I had just moved to a new country I was sensitive to others who seemed alone. I decided to go and introduce myself to this woman and sit with her. To my surprise she would turn into my dear friend.
Sometimes in our loneliest hours we can still reach out to others. I did. Because of that I'm on my way to Paris to see my friend Stephanie and visit her new baby. Yes, just befriending a stranger who was alone... I'm now an adopted aunt to a beautiful French baby. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment