Monday, July 23, 2012

Just thinking...

I'm a spiritual creature. I believe in something bigger than me. As I fly abroad I'm reminded of my roots. Listening to Ben Harper's rendition of 'Picture of Jesus' on my I-pod...I am moved. I'm taken back to my time in Africa. A region in so much turmoil yet so rich in love and faith. I worked with the abandoned, yet instead of helping them they forever spoke to me. People with absolutely nothing- yet with deep joy and belief. I'm still taken back from the happiness I saw in the eyes of the hopeless. They have taught me so much... In our Western ways we so often forget what's really important in life (nothing of the material). As I fly to Paris there is a part of me that will always be in Africa... I am blessed to be able to see both the riches and the slums. And, what I've seen is that materialism does not equal happiness. The deepest joy I've ever seen has been in the poorest of the poor. Now that's something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment