Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Poetry Slammin' Paris Style

Writing is my release.  Poetry is my therapy.  I've been writing poems for a long time; it's a gift my mother has handed down to me.  I have been beyond lucky to meet some great people as I travel and one particular artist is pretty amazing.  His name is Jean Claude and he is ranked second in France for poetry slamming.  His words are power and captivating.  He's soulful and has a true purpose and passion to share his stories with others.  Check out his work (even order his CD) at Un Repris D'justesse - L'ADAGE.  I had the privilege to read an English/French poem with him, wow!  During the night I also read one of my own poems that I've shared with you below.  Enjoy...
LIFE

I'm twisting I'm turning
I'm jumping I'm leaping
I'm living life

I'm falling, free fall
No boundaries, without a wall
I'm living life

I travel I see
I love I believe
I move I dance
Life is a beautiful trance

Color has no limit
Age has no bounds
I look into one's soul
I am a citizen of the world

My Heart is racing
Mind is pacing
Pressure to perform
Never wanting to be the norm

I laugh I cry
I hate judgmental people
I am shy

I'm driven
running the race
Wanting to leave the world a better place

Peace
Love
Lignt
Yes, I Am Living Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment