Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wigs-Costumes-And Halloween


I have quite a collection of wigs.  Love to wear them at funky discos in Europe and sometimes even rock one in LA with my friends on the weekends.  Yes, this small-town country girl raised on a farm who teaches yoga by day can also get really fun and sport wigs/costumes on occasion.  It's all in good fun and honestly, why not?  My friend base in Los Angeles is one of the craziest yet most genuine group of friends I have.  They love to dress up.  There are over 10  of us, all in our 30's.  These fun-loving people work in the Hollywood industry and are crazy talented.  They are invited to the best parties and if not invited to one they think of a fun party to throw.  Most parties involve some sort of costume.  The months of September, October, November, and December are the peak months.  It's fun.  It's harmless.  It makes us all laugh and smile and feel like kids.  With such crazy busy lifestyles that we all live, sometimes it's refreshing to act a little goofy.  This year we went to The B-52's concert and dressed up - people thought we were with the band and kept taking photos of us.  It was exhausting.  I have no desire to be famous after that night.  Cameras are tiring!  We also went to The Hollywood Bowl (my favorite venue in LA) for our annual costume sing-a-long.  Throw in the costume contests I create in my fitness classes for Halloween and a couple of crazy themed 1920's and 1980's birthday parties and it's a season of fun.  Costumes, wigs, and all.  Here's to being an adult and every once in a while letting down my hair and having some proper fun.  I'm sort of a kid on the inside, even if I'm actually 33!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment