Saturday, November 10, 2012

Missing Europe

I'm missing my second home.  Europe is in my blood.  Often I find myself yearning to be back in places with friends of other cultures.  After living in Europe, it has become a part of me in such a way that I one day desire to own property and have a second home all of my own - European style.  What country, I do not know... that doesn't really matter to me.  I have friends in so many places it just depends on timing and whom I'm with during that time.  Today I miss Europe.  I feel it.  I can see it, taste it, smell it.  Wishing I was in Europe yet loving my life here in California.  I'm blessed really.  Just this week a wise man said to me, "Katie, you're a blend.  You are this half European, half Southern California woman... unique."  What a nice complement.  Yes, that is true - I do feel half European and half American if that makes sense.  Talking to my friends in Europe weekly I stay connected.  I will go back sooner than later.  Until then, I'll keep my memories abroad cherished in my heart.  Today I am deeply missing my life and friends in Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment