Saturday, November 10, 2012

A DJ?

Some people desire fortune. Others want to be famous. I desire not to be a fancy model or actress... Actually my alter-ego would be to rock as a killer DJ. Yep, I love music. A good beat can set me off in such a positive way. Every week I am creating new playlists for my job. I research music. There are DJ's in LA that I go visit and learn from them as they give me some of their mixes. I've also lived in Europe and have a deep appreciation for all things sounding Euro. Two of my friends are in the music industry in Europe so I often get music from them. Music makes people happy. Music is healing. Music creates community.
This week I was asked to DJ my first event (200 people). It was fun. Much harder than I thought, but fun. I have so much to learn. Good thing for me that I love to learn new things and I'm always up for the challenge. Now just to come up with a clever DJ handle and see where it goes. To the unknown... I'm Pretty Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment