Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A-typical Tuesday?

I woke up this morning with no voice.  Had to go teach 2 yoga classes (note: sounding like a crazy with my voice is not ideal for promoting zen).  Was supposed to start a 30 day detox/cleanse program but with my immune system low I'm going to wait until I feel better.  Bought myself a cashmere sweater - when you're not feeling well and it's on sale at one of the yoga studios, why not?!  Wrapped myself in it all day and kept warm.  It's going to be my new travel wrap.  Cozy and stylish.  After some down-dogs I was off to visit my holistic doctor.  Dr Jing (practiced medicine in China where she worked as a doctor for many years).  This lady is the real deal.  Makes her own teas, etc.  She keeps me healthy.  Today was a session of acupuncture and then hot cupping done on my back to open up my meridians.  It was intense!  I have a new release in my body but also burns on my back.  I feel better but hope these marks go away fast.  I teach tomorrow and don't want to look like I got in a fight with small circles and the circles won.  Dr Jing took me out to lunch after and she ordered me a bowl of spicy noodles and in her broken English demanded that I eat the whole thing.  Said I needed to eat, sleep, and drink tea.  Let my body heal itself.  So, that is what I'm doing.  After two more yoga classes this evening (one in which I had my first real intuitive experience) I am at home, in bed with tea.  It's 8:30pm.  I just finished talking to my best friend who is having her cancer scan tomorrow morning to see if she is in the clear.  Praying for her and feeling emotional.  I'm under the weather.  My best friend is under stress.  I have circle burns on my back and I sound like a man! Sometimes you just roll with what life hands you even if that means you shed a tear or two as you lay your head on the pillow, bundled in stylish cashmere...

No comments:

Post a Comment