Friday, November 2, 2012

my best friend has cancer?

My best girl friend has been dealing with cancer for the last year.  Next week is her year scan to see if the cancer is gone or still in her body.  This week is a strict diet and then next Wednesday will be the big day.  Until then, it's peace with a side of nerves.  I'm sending her as much love as I can and praying that she will be okay.  I worry for her.  I love her.  She is 30, fit, beautiful and fabulous.  How the fuck did she get cancer?  I only want her to be healthy, happy, and free to live her life.  This last year has been a year of major ups and downs.  In the midst of it all I am inspired by her strength.  Her heart to love others and her ability to navigate through this with such grace.  I don't know if I could.  I'm also stoked and happy for her that even in this year of total shit sadness that she has found love.  Not just any love, but the true love of her life.  This guy/man is amazing.  He loves her regardless and just proposed to her last month.  I am crying at how happy I am for her.  She deserves nothing but the best in life.  Now... just deep breaths and prayer until Wednesday.  Sending love up to San Francisco to my best girl friend who hopefully will no longer have this horrible fucking thing called cancer... I'm the goofy one in the wig, she's the hottie next to me :)  Love you Sista Blabe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment