Friday, August 10, 2012

The South of France

The French Riviera... a place I've always wanted to visit.  The South of France has been on my travel list for some time.  Finally, the day arrived when I was here.  I've spent the last week on an island off the coast of France.  I'm not lying.  This is a dream.  It's remote.  It's not easy to find.  It's beautiful.  Stunning.  From London it took an entire day to arrive but was well worth the voyage.  I've been staying at a retreat that is not on a road, one has to hike to get to the location.  I thought I might have a heat stroke hiking with my luggage to the resort house, but I finally made it.  Yoga friends met me and it has been a fun time.  From swimming to hiking to cooking to yoga to meditation to even attending a locals birthday party... I have enjoyed my time here.  I find the French to be beautiful people, warm, hospitable, loving, and just really genuine.  I am really grateful.  Living life with locals, laughing with the French (even if I don't understand half of that they are saying!).  It's been a fun journey on the coast.  Now back to Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment