Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Notre Dame Cathedral



Have you ever been so moved by art that you are speechless?  There are two pieces of art that have brought strong emotion over me.  The Statue of David in Florence, Italy and Notre Dame Mosaics in Paris, France.  With the Statue of David I'm in awh, can not speak... With the Notre Dame stain glass I actually find tears.  This is the only piece of art that has ever cause me to cry.  For my holiday the one thing I wanted to do was take a day and just sit, with no time limit, and admire the beauty and wonder in this work of art.  The colors are breathtaking and the grand nature of the piece makes me feel small.  It is here that I realize how grateful I am to have eyes that can see something much more beautiful and bigger than myself.  This trip, I went and stood... lit a candle, offered up prayers of gratitude and then when tears started to slowly run - I took photos.  I wait until I am moved in the most purest way and then I shoot abstract photos full of color.  Some turned out better than expected...waves of light and color... so happy!  I spent the afternoon just looking in silence.  Allowing myself to be moved from the inside out.  The Notre Dame stain glass is my favorite piece of art in world.  If you have the chance, visit it.  My wish is that even you too will find art that inspires you in such a deep way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment