Friday, August 31, 2012

I was not ready for this...

At Chicago Airport: headphones on, leaning against the wall, waiting for my connecting flight... Staring up at the sky - trying not to cry.
I just found out that one of my best friends was denied visa and access back to the US. I'm in shock. Just talked to him while at the airport, it's real... He's not coming back anytime soon. He's my closest guy pal. Most of my fun memories go back to Raj. I'm so sad. I'm sure we will stay in touch and meet somewhere on the globe, but it's not the same. I was expecting to see him next week for another season of laughs and fun nothing's... Now I wait. Knowing that everything happens for a reason but sometimes in the moment it hurts... Good friends are hard to come by; best friends are rare. I guess I'm blessed to have such good friends, even if they are 9 hours away. Headphones on, deep yoga breathing, getting ready to board my flight.

2 comments:

  1. Love you my best friend!!!! Thank you for the article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raj, you are one of a kind!! Just think of the time you will get back and the CELEBRATION to take place, makes it even more sweet! Hang in there Katie:)!

    ReplyDelete