Sunday, August 12, 2012

Honestly Me

I find that as I'm getting ready to head back to the US, I'm Sad.  Every time I travel I leave a part of my heart on my journey.  To me traveling is living.  Traveling is loving; loving life and presently loving those whom are in your company.  Traveling keeps me open-minded and connected to the world.  It is important to me to always be a Citizen of the World.  I will continue to make sacrifices in my life in order to make sure that I keep the joy of traveling alive.
My goal is to enjoy life more, work less, save money and travel more - using the gift of yoga as I go.  To work hard 8-9 months a year and then spend my summers traveling and teaching international yoga.  This last year has been a year of non-stop working, sometimes 12 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week.  I was burnt-out.  I never want to go back to that crazy work work work all the time mentality, even if it is doing what I love.  I'm learning that having time to just be is so important.  I'm also realizing that living and working in Southern California is a blessing and a curse.  CA is its own beast.  Beautiful but the pressure to look and be a certain way is exhausting.  I find that working in yoga and fitness I'm expected to be/look a certain way.  I'm a size 4.  In CA a size 4 might as well be a size 10.  I'm constantly working out, watching what I eat, pushing my body too hard.  Every time I travel, I am reminded of how the world is different.  There is not always the pressure to be thin.  When abroad, I work out less, eat whatever I want, take long walks, drink plenty of wine and I always lose weight.  I'm happier.  I do not feel the pressure to look a certain image... I'm just me.  So this time as I pack to head back to LA, I'm going to try my hardest to not care about the CA image.  I'm not going to try and be a size 2 or an XS (extra small-that's the new size now).  I'm just going to be me...

No comments:

Post a Comment