Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Night of Museums

There have been many moments when I've wanted to pull my hair out moving to a new country; but, this weekend was not one of them.  This weekend was filled with friends, laughter, fun outtings, amazing art, and great food.  
For the first time since I've moved to Europe - I have been over-booked.  So much going on.  So many invitations.  It felt like my life in Laguna Beach, yet European style. 
Here is a little taste of my fun-filled weekend:
 - First, I worked alllll week.
 - Yoga class on Friday evening
 - Met my friend Karin (who is an Austrian actress) to see a movie.  I love movies and this is the first time I've been in a theater in over 2 months.  Loved it.
 - Went shopping on Saturday.
 - Met friends Saturday night (Stephanie from Paris and Sarah the poet and author).  We went to the night of museums.  Vienna holds this amazing event twice a year.  64 museums in total.  Open all night.  You can get into to all the places on just the cost of one ticket.  The pictures you see uploaded are from the museum night.  It was amazing!  Picasso's work was my favorite.
- Sunday = church at VCC where I've met some really cool people.  They had an African celebration in honor of Nigeria's Independece Day and it was breath-taking.  I felt like I was in Africa again, yet I was in downtown Vienna.  An unforgettable occasion. 
 - Went to an artists house for lunch...  She is a cook and poet.  Ate her food - smiled.  Read her poetry - cried.
 - Met with friends Roland and Connie for an afternoon at the park,
 - Cooked dinner for my friends Fipps, Katha, Phillip, and Sebastian.

 A full weekend.  A fun weekend.  I am grateful. 

1 comment: