Thursday, September 30, 2010

yoga in the forest

I find that trees are calming.  Rooted deep into the earth, they show strength and beauty.  One of my favorite places in all of Europe is a forest outside of Karben, Germany.  There is something about being outdoors with nature that sets my mind at ease.  I find the woods rather peaceful. 

I continually see how life has a way of bringing things back around/full circle.  The first time I was in this particular forest (over 4 years ago) I remember thinking that I would return someday.  And as the story goes, I did return more than once. 

Here is a picture of me doing tree pose among the trees.  I love it.  I'm grateful for these woods... for the peace and joy they have given me.  Until the next time I return...
Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
Peace, Peace, Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment