Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yoga Praxis = Yoga Practice

I have been very fortunate to meet some great yogi's and teach at some amazing studios in Vienna.  I am in awe sometimes of how it happens.  One of the studios I work at is called Yoga Praxis; translated into English as Yoga Practice.  It's a great center with lovely people.  The focus is different than most studios making it very successful.  They give special attention to total well-being focusing on Ayurveda from doctors, to massage therapists, yoga classes, even to an on-site Ayurveda cook... this place offers so much.  And not only is this lady a cook, she wrote the book on Ayurveda cooking!  I am not kidding, just today after my class I found that she was indeed the author.  She makes wonderful, healthy food with so much flavor.  I ate with her on Monday after yoga class and it was incredible.  This morning when I arrived at the studio to teach, I opened the door and could already smell the goodness she was preparing for the day.
So, what is Ayurveda?  Translated from Sanskrit as "Knowledge of Life" it's alternative medicine that emphasizes re-establishing balance in the body through diet, lifestyle, exercise, and detoxing.  It looks at the total person focusing on the health of the mind, body, and spirit.
I like working with some of Vienna's finest... I'm learning a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment