Monday, January 28, 2013

Somewhere on the Red Sea

It's raining today. Sailing somewhere over the Red Sea. It's early. I'm one of the few up. Drinking Italian coffee and staring at the sea of dark blue. I have not felt this sick in a long time. Caught a terrible cold and have no other words to say other than I feel pretty rotten. Listening to background music in French and Italian, it's pretty nice to be one of the only Americans on the boat. Most are Italian followed by Germans then Eastern Europeans. 5 languages spoken in all. I find it very fascinating.
Today is pretty much a wash. Too cold and rainy to do anything. I'm too sick to care.
Going to try and soak in the Turkish baths and heat room to try and cure this bloody cold.
As I sit early this morning I keep thinking of all the history around me...from Egypt to Jordan to Israel where I will land tomorrow. My mind can't really take it all in. I think of all the biblical passages I grew up on. Tomorrow I'm going to walk the path of Jesus visiting the Last Supper, the tomb, the Mount of Olives. It's incredible that I get to see all of this at such a young age. Crazy cold that I have and all the aches I'm feeling, I still feel blessed. Lucky am I to be here in this moment - runny nose and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment