Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Bad Day

Yes, even yoga teachers have bad days.  Today was one no exception.  It looked a little something like this:
 - Received some not so positive news (via e-mail)
 - In Physical Therapy and found myself over-emotional (usually I'm composed)
 - Started Crying (Shit - double shit)
 - It was the Physical Therapists Birthday so there was birthday cake
 - Frosting and Chocolate = feel good endorphines
 - Back to work
 - A few more tears
 - A little more cake (the people I work with are beyond loving)
 - 80 minutes on the elliptical at level 10 (I think I was sweating frosting)
 - More cake
Yes, even yoga teachers have bad days.  I am learning not to try and always hold it together.  To be vulnerable.  And while I would normally turn to meditation, tea and sleep - today I had cake. 

2 comments:

  1. You know it is ok to have a bad day, kind of keeps you in touch with the world. Maybe all you needed was some cake, then back to the usual, it helps keep you balanced! Love ya katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive encouragement and the kind words. Yes, bad days are a part of life - eating half a sheet cake...now that's a different story. haha
    I'm moving on. Feeling better already.
    Peace and love to you :)

    ReplyDelete