Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camping in Lake Tahoe

This weekend my friend Sam and I went camping in Lake Tahoe.  Both yoga teachers in Orange County, we were heading up to what I like to call a little yoga Woodstock known as Wanderlust.  This was to be a fun weekend as we decided to get our camp on... note - neither one of us camp or even know how to set up a tent. 
After driving 9 hours and arriving at the wrong camp site only to find a bear... No lie!  At 11:30pm we roll into the campground, find our spot, and somehow manage to set up a tent in the dark.  Thank you friends for allowing us to borrow those ridiculous looking head-flashlights.
The yoga festival was a great experience.  Sleeping under the beautiful starts was breath-taking.  I truly do love nature and the outdoors... just not showering for 3 nights and 4 days.  Yes, we became one of those hippie, funky smelling organic people.  Gypsy sink showers and swimming in pools to clean off... oh how grateful I am for the little things - Like my shower!!! :)  Yet, I'd do it all over again.  Loved the weekend and the fun experience with my yoga friend Samantha.  Next year we are attending the festival, but flying and getting a hotel...

No comments:

Post a Comment