Saturday, June 4, 2011

A place to call home...

After moving back from traveling Europe to the US, living in Ohio with family during the Christmas holiday and then finally hitting home in California – I was beginning to feel like a modern day gypsy. 
I had always said that I’d love to be this modern-day traveling hippie (who shaves) yoga teacher/gypsy woman… But in all honesty, it was beginning to take a toll on me.  I had lived in many places in the last year.  And, as much as I loved it and exciting as it was, there is something special about having a place you can call home.  I was craving that. Home is and has been for some time California.  Laguna Beach.  So to come back here after 6 months of hitting it hard traveling – oh it feels good to be back.  I’m meant to live by the water.  Maybe I was a dolphin in a former life :) – but I find a sense of peace and homeness( just made that word up) when I am here.  

As I travel the world, because I know I will travel again, Southern California will always be home base.  It feels good to know that.  It’s not perfect – but no place is.  Yet, it works for me.  I have friends here.  I have adopted family here.  I have the beach.  And I have the warm weather I love.  I get to walk to my yoga class on Saturday morning and do so not in 2 feet of snow.  I’m lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment