Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Love for a Friend

My best friend was just diagnosed with cancer.
She is 29.  She is fit, fun, and lovely.  We have traveled to some amazing places together.  Some of my favorite travel stories include her.

We've gotten lost in Italy, been searched for in Greece, majorly sunburned in Croatia, surfed in Hawaii, re-built homes in New Orleans, danced the night away on Burbon Street, went wine-tasting in Germany... and many other fun things... the list of traveling adventures with her could go on and on.  She is the closest thing I have to a sister.  Love her dearly.

Today Christine had surgery.  They went in to try and remove the cancerous tumor.  I'm in shock really.  How can someone so young and so amazing have this happen to them?  I feel for my best friend.  I wish that she did not have to go through this.  I have no idea the "why" in this... yet I do believe that one day I will be able to look back and see some good. 
Right now it just hurts... 
I'd give anything to be back with her in Venice...

No comments:

Post a Comment