Sunday, June 5, 2011

What is meant to happen will happen...

My first two months back in CA was just a total wash.  I was living with friends and an adopted family trying to find a place.  I was working hard to save money and I was in major major reverse culture shock.  Had the hardest time adjusting back.  I remember going with friends to a restaurant and soooo annoyed that the server kept coming by to see if we needed anything.  Don’t they respect our privacy?  They even dropped the check off without us asking – I felt they were rushing us.  I did not tip them.  Somehow I had become European… I understand why they are so frustrated when they come over here, as majority of Americans rush everything. 
A couple of months into it I had found a place to live, picked up a lot of work to support my massive monthly apartment fee, and broken up with the guy that I have moved back early from Europe for.  I thought we would be living in a fun flat together and starting a new season of my life with him, but that is not what fate had in store.  Oh how I often dream of going back to Europe.  Yet, running from life when it gets tough is not what works.  So, I am here – 6 months later.  Teaching yoga, trying to find my zen, and trusting that what is meant to happen will happen.  I am not to question life – just peacefully accept what I've been handed and try to give as much love and light as I can along the way. 

2 comments:

  1. you have some of the most beautiful scenery in your photos. you are one lucky lady to have seen and experienced so many beautiful places! you should feel very blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I do agree that I am one very luck and blessed person. I'm grateful, very grateful :)
    Thanks for reading and the comment...

    ReplyDelete