Monday, July 18, 2011

New Orleans Bound...

NOLA Bound and happy!  I'm going back to my second home - New Orleans.  If I did not live in California and had to pick another location in the US, I'd choose New Orleans, LA.  
It's the closest thing I can find to Europe without leaving America.  The culture, the amazing jazz music, the food, and the people make this one of my favorite cities on earth.

I've been blessed to travel the world and still NOLA is special to me.  It's been 6 years now since I've been going yearly and doing volunteer/rebuilding work and I keep going back for more. 
When I use to work at the university, I took my first group of college students down the year the hurricane hit.  It changed the way I look at volunteering.  So, I continue to go.  I continue to roll up my sleeves and work.  And I will do so until the I no longer can.  I've fallen in love with the families whose houses I worked on and continue to visit them.  This summer as I am getting ready to celebrate my birthday, I can think of nothing better to do than spend it with good friends and family in the city where Jazz began... I'm so excited to go back!

Mrs. Martha - I'll be there in 2 days!  Can't wait to sit on your porch, plant your flowers, and talk about life.  NOLA Bound and happy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment