Saturday, September 11, 2010

visitor in Vienna


I had my first official visitor in Vienna.
My friend Dan came after finishing some graduate work in Prague.  He stopped in for the weekend before his flight back to the states.  
We walked the city, took over 250 photos, and saw most of the major sites.
The day was perfect.  Great weather for a Saturday in the country's capital.
While strolling the streets of Wien, we randomly walked right into a festival.  A farmer's festival with all the traditional Austrian flair. 
Beer, singing, beer - felt like a mini Oktoberfest.  Fun!
Tonight we are going to a film festival outside of city hall.
It's great to have a friend here.  Someone to speak English with, laugh, and laugh some more.  Amanda... we wish you were with us.  You're missed on this trip.  Fun day in Vienna.  I like showing my friends this wonderful city  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment