Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Germany Top 10

Had a great weekend in Germany!  Stayed with some friends in Karben, outside of Frankfurt.  

Every day was full.  For the first time in a couple of weeks, I felt at home.  The days were filled with good food, drinks, seeing some beautiful places, and much laughter.

Since Germany is so big (16 regions) there is no way one can possibly see it all in one weekend.  So, I am going to list my favorite things from this particular trip.  In no specific order:

10 - Visiting the annual wine festival in Frankfurt.
9 - The town of Bad Homburg, a beautiful place with shopping, parks, a castle, and churches.
8 - Sitting in old-style coffee shops.
7 - Getting invited to dinner by people who are from a royal family... eating at their home was quite the experience.
6 - Visiting Hessenpark (a beautiful Germany town).
5 - Sitting at the Haufe house, laughing around the table...
4 - Going to the Pflanzenmarkt (a festival) at Hessenpark.
3 - Walking in the forest with Ilona.
2 - Shopping!
1 - Running and yoga in the forest with my I-pod = happy times.

I love visiting Germany.  Maybe it's because I have family roots here or maybe it's because I feel at home with friends.  It was a good weekend.
Thank you Ilona and Bernd for a wonderful time!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment