Sunday, August 31, 2014

Dinner parties to deaths...

We never know what life has in store.  Last night I was having the time of my life at a dinner party in Los Angeles.  This morning I awoke in Atwater Village to a sunny day.  Took my dog for a walk.  Made some amazing maca and cacao infused coffee and sat down at the computer to get in a little non-profit fair trade work before an afternoon of more fun with friends and thrift store shopping.  I turned on my computer, feeling happy and alive and then I heard.  I cried.  I am so sad.  A friend I grew up with just passed away.  She was 35 and leaves a husband and two kids behind.  Wow.  Life is so precious.  Life is good, yet it can throw the hardest curve ball when you least expect it.  From total happiness to tears.  That is the wildness of this untamed life we live.  We can not control what happens to us all the time.  Somethings are just not seen.  Sipping the maca cacao espresso magic (through subtle tears), I'm trying to find some balance where I can see the good and hold the heartbreak at the same time.  We never know what life has in store... 
(high school photos - Becky is in the bottom right, I'm the bottom left)

No comments:

Post a Comment