Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sadness

Sadness is a funny thing. It can roll in with no warning, like a surprise thunder storm on a sunny day. Why the rain? Why the tears. As water gives life and is needed for growth... The same can be said about tears. In this moment I'm deeply sad. Waves of emotion are rolling in. Today my inner ocean is not calm. Like a crashing sea - An internal storm. I've lost something dear to my heart.
Deep sadness helps one appreciate moments of ease and joy. I know the calm will come. But now I sit in the deep blue... To embrace the moment and be present is a noble thing. To be present can be very peaceful, yet it can also be hard.  It is said that one must experience pain to know joy. Happiness is a part of life just as is sadness. We can not have one without the other. But why does the sadness hurt so? Maybe a life lesson, maybe a time for growth... A chance to learn and move on, holding in my heart both joy and sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment