Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Singing with my Nieces

I love music.  I can't sing, no lie my vocals are pretty bad.
When I'm with my two little nieces, I like to be goofy and often find myself singing and dancing.  I grew up with parents who always liked to sing and dance.  Memories of music were always in the house.  To this day, when I visit family we still act silly and sing. 
So on my last trip back to Ohio to visit family and friends - here are the songs that filled the air.  Hope they bring a smile to your face.  Picture me and my 4 and 6 year old nieces jumping around to these familiar melodies:  (Click on links to see music videos)
 - "Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy and it feels like loving you..."  This is our go-to silly song.  My niees and I sing this and laugh.  Then we repeat again.  It never gets old.  Watch this video, so funny. 
 - A favorite is the song by Peter, Paul and Mary called "We're Going to the Zoo."  The best video can be seen by clicking here. "We're going to the zoo zoo zoo, going to the zoo zoo zoo, going to the zoo zoo zoo.  How about YOU?! (scream emphasis on the word YOU).
 - Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros  "Home, let me come home, home is whenever I'm with you."  This is my niece Ryan's favorite.  We sing we dance until we no longer can.
I love music.  It has the power to lift one's mood.  It can bring laughter, especially if you're like me and you sing out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment