Monday, December 27, 2010

meditation

I have found meditation to be a wonderful tool in my growth as an individual.  When finding myself in somewhat stressful situations, if I take the time to stop and meditate - the peace that I allowed circumstances to over-shadow soon returns to me.  Only in the quiet, can I then calm the mind and create space for peaceful zen to reenter. 
If you are looking for ways to create quiet space in your life, try meditation.  

Here are some easy tips to get started:
 - Start in a room that you can be free from distractions
 - Sit in a comfortable position... I usually sit on the floor under a cushion with my legs crossed, hands resting gently on my knees
 - Light a candle or play some soothing music if you desire
 - As you begin, set an intention for that time
 - Take a deep breath in and begin to calm the mind
 - As thoughts enter the mind, let them go... a to-do list, bills to pay, etc...  every time a thought enters just exhale it out and focus on the breathing until you find yourself free from thought
 - Allow yourself to just be and when you've finished take a moment to offer gratitude for the blessings in your life
 -  Time does not matter in meditation - you may sit an alarm or just sit and see how long you are able to go... it could be 5 to 10 minutes or even an hour.  
The more time created in life for calm stillness, the more peace one experiences in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment