Sunday, December 5, 2010

I love Europe & it has loved me back

As I sit in Vienna, I have less than 48 hours before I leave Europe to move back to the US.  6 months have passed.  The time has been a series of ups, downs, good, bad, growth, love and reflection.  It has been priceless.  A journey that lead me to myself.  
So much can happen when one removes themselves from their comfort zone.  In doing so – I was given the opportunity to see things that I would have never been given the chance to see, had I not moved to Europe.  I would do it all over again.  I am so grateful for what I have learned and what I will continue to learn once I leave this place I have grown to love.  A part of me feels like I belong in Europe.  Yet, I feel at home in California.  I love both places equally.  I have come to see that I fit not in a box and can move about the globe freely adapting to places.  I love the simpler lifestyle of Europe… the class, the sophistication, the history, the strong coffee, the heated towel racks, the public transportation, the beautiful buildings, the various cultures and languages right at your fingertips.  I will miss those things; yet I know that I will always return to Europe.  It’s a part of me.  I can not explain it and do not even feel the need too.  It’s special to me.  Holds a unique place of my heart.  Maybe it’s because through various seasons in life Europe has helped me grow.  I have loved it and it has never failed to love me back.  I am grateful to Europe for helping make me the woman I am today.  A woman of international zeal, a thirst for fashion, a dedicated yogi, a desire to enjoy life, a love of wine and Notre Dame...

No comments:

Post a Comment