Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Float Market

I've always heard that when in Thailand the Float Market is one of the places to visit.  My friends are right... I went.  I saw.  I shopped.  Drank some amazing fresh coconut water.  As an avid traveler, I recommend this to all who explore Thailand.  Before transportation is what it is today, the float market was a primary form of enterprise for the locals.  Thailand has many canals and rivers where trade was and still exists.  I was fortunate to see the oldest operating float market in Thailand, about 1.5 hours out of Bangkok.  It's busy.  It's beautiful.  The food and shopping are amazing!  Locals take you on a private paddle for 150 baht, which is $5 and worth every penny.  I've always heard when in Thailnd the Float Market is a place to visit... happy to say I can now agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment