Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in Vienna


It's the eve before Thanksgiving and I reflect upon life as I knew it one year ago.  Last year at this time I was living in Vienna where I was teaching yoga and working on translating a website from German to English.  My mom flew over to visit me and after returning from our weekend trip to Italy we cooked a Thanksgiving Dinner for my new Austrian friends. 
Looking back, I am so grateful for that time.  It was priceless.  Also, finding a turkey and pumpkin anything in a land that does not celebrate Thanksgiving was super challenging (not to mention the language barrier.) 
For the rest of my life I will remember my European Thanksgiving.  I am still in touch with the women who I shared dinner with that evening.  One of them has flown to the US and is spending Thanksgiving with me this year in California.  I am truly grateful and look forward to future European Thanksgivings!

No comments:

Post a Comment