Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude - Happy Thanksgiving


On this Thanksgiving morning I sit alone.  Kind of weird.  It's my first holiday where I have not been with family. I've been traveling a lot (pictures taken from trip to Ohio).  I've recently seen family, and with the crazy airfare I decided to stay in Laguna Beach.  But instead of missing family and feeling disconnected I've decided to change the way I look at the situation.  I have a lot to be grateful for. 
In yoga this week my focus was on gratitude.  As I taught classes we dedicated our practice to a gratitude flow.  So in listening to my own advise, I have decided to cultivate a spirit of gratitude.  Here is what I'm grateful for:
- Grateful that I get to have a peaceful cup of coffee and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. My annual tradition :)
 - Grateful for my clients who saved me a bike in spin this morning so I could pre-sweat out the craziness I will inhale this afternoon. 
 - Grateful that I do not have to cook a big dinner today, this is the first year I have not hosted in 10 years and it feels nice.
 - Grateful that I get to attend a Thanksgiving feast in So Cal, show up, eat, drink, be merry, and leave.  No crazy clean-up this year!
- Grateful that my friend Karin from Vienna is here visiting me and after our Thanksgiving feast last year in Austria I now have her hooked on this holiday.
 - Grateful for a new found love for my family... really truly love them.  Good, bad and all in between - I'm grateful for my family.
 - Love love love my 2 little nieces!
 - Grateful for my cat Mother Teressa.  She rocks!
 - Grateful for my friends near and far.  Way beyond blessed in this department.
 - Grateful for my private yoga clients-they add so much value to my life,  honored to work with them.
 - Grateful that I get to teach yoga for a living.  Had to make some major changes to get here but it was worth it.
 - Grateful that I get to travel this upcoming year... it's a real passion and I'm lucky I get to.

  If you're ever feeling in a funk - express some gratitude.  It has the power to shift you.
Happy Thanksgiving... wherever you are :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for being able to share another Thanksgiving with my dear friend Katie!
    This time in Laguna Beach :)

    I'm also grateful for the difficult times I've been going through the past two months because I feel like I've learned so much and still am.

    I'm so grateful for all the things I take so easily for granted like my family and friends, a place to stay, to be able to work, learn and experience ... and to be able to stay in touch with my loved ones even though I'm on another continent.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2011!

    ReplyDelete