Saturday, December 17, 2011

Letting Go

I was fired.  Breaks my heart to even write it...
I was let go from a job I absolutely love.  Really found it a joy.
No warning - totally shocked.  

Rewind to one week earlier where I was in LA attending a Buddhist lecture.  I did not want to go but my friend begged me (not kidding).
Why do I even question life?
The lecture was on Letting Go...  The Lama shared with us that in the Western world we view a loss as a negative.  When we let go of something we view the loss as if our life can't do without whatever 'It' was.  The Lama said that we should change our perspective to view a loss as a gain.  When we let go of something it's actually a new beginning.  A chance to open up our life to a new season...  Who knew the Lama would be sharing a message that was going to hit so close to home.

After being so unkindly let go from something I loved doing, I was surrounded by true community.  I had not felt that much support and love in a long time.  2 days later I was offered 2 jobs.  Both better paying and better environments.  I am blessed.  A loss can, in fact, can be a gain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment