Sunday, June 3, 2012

Best Friend Surprise Visits

Two years ago when I was getting ready to move to Europe my best friend Christine was getting ready to move to San Francisco.  Two Southern California beach gals were parting ways.  She was hired by Stanford to work in medicine and I was offered a once in a lifetime experience to teach yoga in Vienna.  Neither one of us could say no.  Since then many things in our lives have changed but our friendship remains the same.  I had not seen her since October!  So my best guy friend Rajko, from Serbia, talked me into driving with him to San Francisco on Cinco de Mayo to surprise Christine.  We did.  It was last minute and the word fun is an understatement.  
This past weekend my girlfriend called me.  She had returned the surprise and driven down to So Cal with her boyfriend.  It was last minute.  I was shocked.  Loved every second I got to spend with Christine and Grant... rum punch, beach walks and all.  Sometimes it's okay to do the unexpected.  Friendships are worth the effort, because when it comes down to it - our lives are about the people we have in them...  I am grateful for my close friends :)

2 comments: