Thursday, March 8, 2012

Front Row with Trevor Hall

Spur of the moment decided to attend a concert last night after teaching my spin class.  Had a private yoga client reschedule and my evening was suddenly free.  Announced at the end of in-door cycle about Trevor Hall being in town at the Coach House and one of my spin/yoga friends in class said she'd go with me.  Soooo, no shower, not really getting ready we left after sweaty class.  Once we arrived the security guard took us to the front row and sat us center stage.  How did this happen?!  We did not pay for the expensive tickets!  And, I did not even shower!!! The concert was amazing.  Soul stirring.  Inspiring.  We were so close I could smell their sweat (or was that me)!  



I would describe Trevor Hall as a 4th cousin removed from Bob Marley with modern tones to a reggae under-beat.  As a yoga teacher I'm into the sound.  The most positive soul lifting lyrics I can find are in some of his tunes.  If I could choose one song to sing to the world it would be the melody of "Unity"... Take me to the table where we all dine together... whatever path you follow push on to tomorrow... love all serve all and create no sorrow... so many rivers but they all lead to the sea... love is the goal...  no more you and me-just Unity...

No comments:

Post a Comment