Monday, March 12, 2012

The Art of Conflict

Last night I had the privilege to attend a fundraiser in Santa Monica.
Where:  Bergamot Station.
What:   The Art of Conflict
Cause:  Action Kivu
Area:  Democratic Republic of the Congo
Speaker: Amani Baro

It's amazing what I take for granted.  Seeing art showcased from conflicted war areas around the globe and hearing Amani speak - I am heartbroken in a good way.  I feel more educated... I feel more empowered to help with the crisis in the Congo.

The event was hosted by pioneers Cate, Kevin, and my dear friend Rebecca.  They all have full-time jobs and volunteer out of the goodness of their hearts.  They give 100% of all profit directly to the Congo.  With the help of their Congo representative Amani, they are making positive change in the world.
If you are interested in any way helping raise funds for sewing kits for women in the Kivu Sewing Workshop please check out the Action Kivu website or contact me.  

More writings to come on my new friend Amani. 
Today I was invited to the Congo.
I will go...

No comments:

Post a Comment