Wednesday, April 20, 2011

YOGA via SKYPE

Yes - Yoga and Skype can be a beautiful thing.
I teach yoga via Skype and it works.

Just yesterday something amazing happened. 
It was a picture and a moment I will never forget. 
Beautiful.  Tugged at my heart strings...

For the first time in one room doing yoga on the East Coast was my mother, my 80 year old grandma, and my 4 year old niece.  They were taking a yoga class lead by me on the West Coast. 
I was able to give my niece in her first yoga session.  She listened well.  Followed along and who knows... maybe one day she will take after her aunt. 

At the end of class we were seated on the floor with legs crossed, eyes closed, hands at heart-center in prayer position.  I instructed them to take a moment to offer up any prayers of gratitude - That's when I saw my 4 year old niece begin to quietly do so.  Her little eyes were closed, long blonde hair relaxed on her shoulders, and a peacefulness about her I have not seen.  I just sat, looked at her, my mom, and my grandma all participating in this yoga practice of gratitude. 
I can not describe the feelings that came over me.  Wonder.  Peace.  Happiness.
It's the small things in life that really matter...
Teaching my 4 year old niece how to say Namaste...
Yoga and Skype - a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment