Thursday, September 8, 2011

A New TATTOO

नमस्ते:शांति
Today I am getting a new Tattoo.  I've been wanting another one for a while and today seems like the right time.  Since I teach yoga and get to do this for a living, I thought getting Namaste and Peace would be cool and it's meaningful to me.  I always end my yoga sessions in Namaste, which is a greeting used in India.  In Sanskrit it means a couple of different things:  "the light in me honors the light in you", "the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you", "I honor you", and it also know as a way to give respect.  I love it.  It's simple.  Namaste : Peace...
 Forever engraved on my wrist...
 Today I'm getting a new tattoo!

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Katie! I am proud you have the courage to get this on your wrist! I have been wanting one too and this post is pushing me closer :)

    ReplyDelete